Today I am here with a double wrap-up for February and March. February was a very bad month for me, not in terms of books read – I escaped into books more than usual – but I was very deep in lockdown blues and had no motivation to write reviews, or do much of anything and at the time I didn’t want to wrap-up what had felt like a dismal month. March has been much better, especially since I got confirmation of when I will be back at work (19 days and counting… yes I am keen to go back to work), and that has brought renewed motivation and a feeling that things are finally moving in the right direction.
Outside of books, D&D continues to be the highlight of my weeks (albeit stressful at times) and I am slowly getting back into the saddle with DMing too – something my squishy party might be regretting as they got blown up at the end of last session (they forgot to check for traps). While renewed motivation is helping on the writing front as well as I stalled quite a lot in February with the general feeling of meh that was prevailing at the time. I’m also trying to set myself the goal of talking about my book at least once a week somewhere on the blog or twitter, because I am terrible at self-promo (and it is the part I am dreading the most of releasing it into the world) so I figure I should try and build it up, so we will see how that goes.
- Cover Reveal: Windborn – Alex S. Bradshaw
- Book Blitz: Astral Cuts – John Notlad
- Book Blitz: Empire’s Legacy (The Complete Trilogy #1-3) – Marian L Thorpe
- Blog Tour (Book Spotlight): Captain Clive’s Dreamworld – Jon Bassoff
- Blog Tour (Book Spotlight): How LJ and Rom Saved Heavy Metal – S.D. Mckinley
- Cover Reveal: Katy of Clay – U.L. Harper
- Book Blitz (Spotlight): A Sea of Pearls & Leaves – Rosalyn Briar
- Cover Reveal: The Place Below (Maer Cycle #3) – Dan Fitzgerald
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Of Blood and Fire (The Bound and the Broken #1) – Ryan Cahill
- Blog Tour (Book Review): The Place Below (The Maer Cycle #3) – Dan Fitzgerald
- Book Review: The Archive (The Maer Cycle #2) – Dan Fitzgerald
- Blog Review: Hollow Road (The Maer Cycle #1) – Dan Fitzgerald
- Blog Tour (Book Review): What Beauty There Is – Cory Anderson
- Blog Tour (Book Review): In the Orbit of Sirens (The Song of Kamaria #1) – T.A. Bruno
- Book Review: Wyrd Gods (Timelessness #1) – Susana Imaginário
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Manipulated Lives – H.A. Leuschel
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Sand Dancer – Trudie Skies
- Book Review: A Ritual of Flesh (The Dead Sagas #2) – Lee C. Conley
- Book Review: At the Gates and Other Stories – Patrick Samphire
- Book Blitz (Book Review): Songs of Insurrection (The Dragon Songs Saga #1) – J.C. Kang
- Blog Tour (Book Review): If She Dies – Erik Therme
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Once Upon a Lane – Duncan Wilson
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Legacy of the Brightwash (Tainted Dominion #1) – Krystle Matar
- Blog Tour (Book Review): The End of Dreams (The Gifted and the Cursed #3) – Marcus Lee
- Blog Tour (Book Review): The Ventifact Colossus (The Heroes of Spira #1) – Dorian Hart
- Blog Tour (Book Review): The Last Empath of Doctsland – Leah Putz
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Rising Shadows (The Pillar of Creation #1) – Phillip Blackwater
- Book Review: Lore & Lust (Lore & Lust #1) – Karla Nikole
- Blog Tour (Book Review): An Eye for An Eye (Detective Kate Young #1) – Carol Wyer
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Ten Years of Darkness (Vaal’bara Historical Society #0) – Kristen M. Chambers and Viktor H. Strangeweaves
- Book Review: The Lost War (Eidyn #1) – Justin Lee Anderson
- Blog Tour (Book Review): Rise of One – Dixon Reuel
- Book Review: The Night Parade of 100 Demons (A Legend of the Five Rings Novel) – Marie Brennan
On the upside, with all the reading I’ve been doing I’m now down to the last four badges with the Spells & Spaceships SFF Badge Collection and I am hoping to get to the last ones in April with the following books.
- The First Contact Badge – Shards of Earth by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- The African Inspiration Badge – Son of the Storm by Suyi Davies Okungbowa
- The Big Screen Badge – The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski.
- The Collector 2021 Badge
April 1st also marks the start of the Witcher readalong organised by Alex across at Spells & Spaceships which I’m really looking forward to, as it’s both my first readalong, and I’ve had the books on my shelf for far too long!